5 ways to relieve neck and back discomfort at work
Between sitting at your desk all day and staring down at your phone all night, more and more people are suffering from aches associated with poor posture. And this is only made worse by the new growing trend of working remotely, where individuals are less likely to have ergonomic workspaces. According to FlexJobs.com, “nearly 36.2 million Americans could be working remotely by 2025” as companies pivot to meet the changing needs of employees. The perks of working remotely are evident: increased productivity, better for the environment, and you get to work from your pajamas (at least from the waist down). It’s a win-win for many – unless you’re suffering from an uptick of aches as a result.
5 ways to ease discomfort from sitting at your desk too long:
- Focus on posture. Most of us default to hunched shoulders while working on computers or in a seated position. Take the time to check your posture every few minutes to prevent the slouch! Roll your shoulders back, pick your chin up, and be sure you’re not forced to reach in front of your body for any of your desk accessories (such as your keyboard, mouse, or notebook and pen).
- Take regular breaks from sitting. Most experts agree that you should take “micro-breaks” every 30 minutes to prevent injury from prolonged sitting. During these breaks, prioritize stretching and walking. Keep in mind this general rule: for every 30 minutes of sitting, you should take at least a 60 second break to move your body.
- Exercise daily. Even light exercise such as yoga, stretching, or taking a few laps around the house daily is better than nothing. If you are able, most health and wellness experts recommend a minimum of 30 minutes of moderate physical exercise per day.
- Switch up your office space. Make sure your desk is at the right height so you don’t feel the need to hunch or stretch to reach your keyboard or mouse. While the flexibility of working from anywhere can be beneficial, you should avoid working from your bed or the couch regularly, as this often results in sitting in slouched posture for prolonged periods of time.
- Aches already unbearable? Try natural relief rather than over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication. For near-immediate relief without harsh medicines, try Signal Relief! The neuro capacitive coupling technology within the Signal Relief patch can be used as often as you need it for as long as you need it to relieve tension caused by sore muscles, joint discomfort, or any other aches from head to toe. The patch is durable and flexible, contains zero medicines or substances, and is uniquely shaped to fit within the contours of your body for comfortable long-term wear.
Pin this for future reference!
Lower activity levels and work-from-home makeshift desks can be a recipe for disaster when it comes to discomfort. If you’re reading this and realizing your back is aching more than usual or the tension in your neck is getting to be more prominent, it’s time to give Signal Relief a try! With our 120-day money back guarantee, you have nothing to lose except the discomfort that’s holding you back.